- Who are we?
We are Vegan Online Ltd. trading as “Sweet Beans”. We own and operate this website/app. Please contact us if you have any questions or feedback about this Privacy Statement: privacy and cookies policy.
- What is a Privacy Statement?
- This Privacy Statement tells you how we deal with your "personal data" (i.e. technical term for information about any identified or identifiable living person). Please read on to find out what kinds of personal data we collect, how we use and protect it, who we share it with, how long we keep it for and how you can access and rectify it.
- Please do not use our website or apps unless you are completely happy with this Privacy Statement.
- Might the Privacy Statement change?
- It may well do. Whenever we have updated our Privacy Statement, we will alert you via email. Please take that opportunity to re-read it. We will assume you agree to the revised Privacy Statement if you use the website or apps after the effective date shown at the top of the Privacy Statement.
- What personal or other data do we collect?
- We collect and store the information which you give us via forms on our website or apps - such as your name, address, email address, phone number("contact data" ”) - or when communicating with us by email, or in some other way.
- We also collect and store your IP address ("customer behaviour data") to improve your shopping experience by suggesting suitable products for you, based on previous purchases, or recipes looked at.
- We collect your bank card details (payment information) in order to process payments and refunds.
- We collect survey data (biannual survey, NPS, etc.) which can include household makeup (number or kids and age bracket), age (bracket not birthday), gender and food preferences/allergies in order to understand how we are serving different types of customers and what we need to do to improve their experience.
- Under GDPR, we will use the lawful basis of “contractual”, where we use contact and payment data to fulfil orders. When we use contact, survey, or customer behaviour data for marketing reasons, the lawful basis will be "consent", or "legitimate interest". If you would like further information, please contact us using the details within this privacy statement.
- How do we use your personal data?
- We use "contact data" to provide our services : e.g. send service messages, communicate to you about your account/orders and to fulfil orders.
- If you have given permission, we may use your "contact data" to send you marketing emails, mails, calls or SMS with details of our, or third party goods or services which may be of interest to you, including information about special offers or promotions.
- We use "payment information" to process payments and refunds.
- If you supply us with a friend’s email address for the referral programme, we will use that email address only to send a special offer to your friend. We will provide your name in the offer email to your friend, so that they know where we got their contact details from.
- We may use information we collect on you to recommend you recipes and to improve our service for you and other customers.
- We retain your data during a period of 36 months months after the last order. We do that in order to comply with legal obligations, enforce our terms and conditions, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations and take other actions as permitted by law.
- How do we protect personal data?
- Security is a high priority for us. We take appropriate precautions to protect personal data. We will make every effort to look after your data and treat it with the respect it deserves.
- We protect your personal information by:
- Restricting access to personal information
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access
- Securely destroying your personal information when it's no longer needed for our record retention purposes
- To whom do we disclose personal data?
- We may allow access to your personal data by third parties who supply us with a service. Examples include e-commerce platform providers, couriers (to enable delivery of goods), website hosts, content delivery networks and businesses which assist us in undertaking communications, monitoring, testing or improving our website
- We may share your payment information (including your email address) with Stripe, PayPal and Shopify (our payment gateway and providers) in order to process the payments of your orders and any potential refund.
- Your personal data may be supplied by our payment partners to relevant third parties including credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, who may keep a record of that information.
- If you choose to opt-in to receive third party communications from selected partners, your personal data will be shared to relevant third parties to allow you to receive tailored communications about products that may be of interest to you.
- We may disclose your contact details to Trustpilot to enable it to email you inviting you to leave a review on our site.
- We may disclose personal data so far as reasonably necessary if we have reason to believe that it breaches our terms and conditions, or that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act has been committed, or if there has been a complaint about content posted by you, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority.
- How to access and control your information?
- You have the right to request a copy of your information, to rectify your information, to opt out from marketing communications and to request the deletion of your information. Below, we describe the processes for making these requests.
- Update/rectify your information: You can easily correct/change the following personal information on “My Details” page by logging in to your account on our website or apps:
- first name and last name
- phone number
- email address
- delivery address
- billing address
- payment details
- Alternatively you can contact us via the ‘Contact Us’ page.
- Opt out of marketing communications: You can change your marketing permissions on the "My Details" page, under "My communication preferences" section by logging in to your account on our website or apps.
- Access your information: You have the right to request personal data that we hold about you, subject to us reserving the right to withhold such data to the extent permitted by law. Contact our Customer Care team for this request via the ‘Contact Us’ page.
- Delete your information: You have the right to request to delete all the personal data that we hold about you. Contact our Customer Care team for this request via the ‘Contact Us’ page.
- If you wish to contact us about anything to do with your data and Sweet Beans, please contact us via the ‘Contact Us’ page.
For information about your rights under UK data protection laws, see the website of the UK Information Commissioner.
You can report any concern to the ICO by clicking here.
- What about cookies?
- You can consent to, or block the use of, specific Cookies by activating the relevant settings in your browser or in the case of third party cookies - by contacting the third parties directly. We don't have access to the cookies which third parties place on the website; other than allowing them to be served. If you would like more information about these practices and to know your choices about not having this information used by certain of these companies, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com and www.networkadvertising.org/choices. In order to use some parts of our site, you will need to consent to Cookies. If you choose to withhold consent, or subsequently block cookies, some aspects of our site may not work properly and you may not be able to access all or part of the site.
- Generally, there are the following categories of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary cookies: these cookies are essential for the operation of the website. They often improve the usability of the website for you by allowing you to proceed through many pages of the website quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. For example, the session cookie remembers your shopping cart selection so will have the items you selected when you are ready to check out.
- Targeting cookies: these cookies are used to serve users with content and adverts, and to collect information about your browsing habits and usage of the website to make adverts more relevant to you based on your visits to this and other websites. We may use remarketing technologies to enable third parties to display relevant and personalised ads to users through their networks. They are also used to limit the number of times users see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
Social media cookies: We may use various social media and other third party features on our website including the like button from Facebook, follow button from Twitter), Plus +1 button from Google, Pin It button from Pinterest, share / follow button from LinkedIn, embed button from YouTube, These features may involve the relevant companies using cookies or linking your visit with cookies previously placed by them on your computer in order for them to collect information relating to your visit to our website or your interaction with their services or otherwise. Click the links shown above for further information about the specific features and those companies’ cookie / privacy practices generally as well as to opt out where this is possible.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device